Assign a rating of “0” when item is not mentioned in policy
Assign a rating of “1” when the item is weak in that it is mentioned, but:
• Will be hard to enforce because the statement is vague or unclear
• Is listed as a goal, future plan, suggestion, or recommendation.
• Words often used include: may, can, could, should, might, encourage, suggest, urge, try.
Assign a rating of “2” when the item is strong in that it is mentioned, and
• Will assure reinforcement because the statement is clear
• Is described using strong language to indicate that action or regulation is required, including: shall, will, must,         have to, comply and enforce.
• The organization is unable to enforce an item (e.g., teachers role modeling healthy behaviors), but the goal is             clearly stated (e.g., “shall encourage teachers to role model healthy behaviors”).
• 0 (language not mentioned in policy)
• 1 (language is mentioned but is ‘weak’)
• 2 (language is mentioned and is ‘strong’)
This policy includes language that states:
Supports a partnership or coalition that meets annually to address physical activity or healthy eating
Supports participation in annual community events, health education and promotion activities/programs in support of physical activity or healthy eating:
Supports farmers markets and community gardens:
Allocates sufficient funds to support a partnership/coalition, annual community events (including health education and promotion programs), and farmers market/community garden to address physical activity or healthy eating:
Supports full- or part-time staff responsible for overseeing improvements that would make healthy living more plausible